Saturday, December 12, 2009

Envision Center.

DISCLAIMER:

I am well aware that I will not have the required number of posts OR posts weekly. I'm sorry, I'm just horrible at blogging but I will take my deductions.

THE ENVISION CENTER:

So, I had been wanting to visit the Center for awhile, after a friend of mine named Jihad did a project on it for one of my other classes. After having gone, I can say that I simply wish I hadn't been so tired and unmotivated that day!

ECenter was cool in many ways. I've been interested in internet conferencing capabilities for quite some time now, so it was really cool to get to see what Purdue does with that in the ECenter.

I also thought the Virtual Reality room was awesome! It made me really wish that more of Purdue's programs were featured there (we went through one for the Pharm students). I think it could really enable students to spend meaningful, fun, and interactive time outside of class learning about whatever it is they're studying. A great alternative to the elevator pitch we did (lol, I'm just saying...)

Anyway, I actually enjoyed the class we spent there. I had been wanting to go for some time and if I get a chance to go back I would like to experiment more with the Haptics Lab.

It was a good day.