Saturday, December 12, 2009

Poster Presentations

On Monday 12.7 i was the audience for many of my classmates' presentations. I must say that I was impressed - I could tell that a lot of work went into the presentations and I was glad I got to see them. There were many I enjoyed, like BigDog and the carbon (i think) speakers...I was impressed overall with what my fellow 435ers did. Great Work! =)...

...But I digress, because what WASN'T great was that presenters had to stay WAY LATE after class. Rather than being upset though, I'd like to offer a couple suggestions.

I did something on a larger-scale for a different Purdue course, and we had a 4 hour block of presenting. We still did Tweets and all, but like I said, it was a larger scale. I really don't think that the TAs and Prof Kisselburgh had enough time to grade the work, so I'd suggest replacing one of the critical essays (or the elevator pitch) with this presentation as a 2-hour event. Since 435 will be collaborating w/EPICS next semester, I'd even suggest doing a trade-off project and having the EPICS kids come to be the audience too! I think LOTS of us did EXCELLENT work and not many people saw it =(. I think this would be a great way to solve it!

A final suggestion would be to do the project in groups of 3, and maybe slightly enhance what needs to be presented on the topic (to make it enough work for 3 people). In my other class, our group had five people and we were all very involved! I would love to see this project turn into a larger scale event than it has been, such as this one that I participated in: http://tltconference.ning.com/ ----> Check out the pics and you might even see me! Or, look at the WIKI from our work (this was required for our project) http://wiki.itap.purdue.edu/display/INSITE/Ta-Da+List and this is the link for the project, in general http://wiki.itap.purdue.edu/display/INSITE/Web+2.0+Tools all with more work from more student groups! And it was FUN!! =) Enjoy!

No comments: