Thursday, October 22, 2009

Twittering @ Purdue (among other places...

Purdue SOOOOOOOO has the Twitter bug. OMG.

I was just searching for Purdue-related departments a couple days ago, and I found out that I can follow A LOT of departments on it. Here are a few:

Division of Financial Aid
Purdue Volleyball
Purdue Women's Basketball
Purdue Admissions
Purdue Alumni

...and MUCH (and I do mean MUCH more)!

I guess since I don't do this whole phone+internet thing, I don't have any desire to twitter. I think it's a really cool technology, especially for those who really need to be followed and are pertinent to our lives...

...can't think of too many people (I mean, not even the President needs me to follow him 24/7. He employs people to do that...)

I think in Purdue's case, I'm having trouble seeing how Twitter is really effective. I just don't know how many changes they could possibly make in a day that we won't get an e-mail about or that can't be found elsewhere online.

I hate to be overly critical, but yeah...I personally think Purdue on Twitter is doing a bit much.

But others are welcome to comment!

No comments: