Tuesday, October 13, 2009

facebook.

So I know these blogs are supposed to be about emerging, technologies, but I'm probably going to be writing about ones that have emerged and just keep changing for awhile...

facebook, apparently, has been out for a very long time. It used to have another name, [the facebook], and was used for a lot different (and more simpler) purposes than we use it for today.

To be honest, facebook gets on my nerves.

The additions of chat, applications, and the mini-news feed are just not my thing.

However, I can see that people who really are into social networking can greatly benefit from these additions.

I also know that I can just change a lot of the settings and eliminate things like the news feed, turn off chat, etc.

But what will my "friends" think if I do that? I will probably fall out of the in-crowd.

facebook is a great place to meet people and sustain relationships, but I'm beginning to think all it's done for me is show me how much of a loner I must want to be.

So I deactivated my account. I hope my prospective employers don't think I'm crazy...but they might if I don't sign on soon!


No comments: